Re: Python3 modules not built for all supported Python versions

> I don't know if I'm missing an argument to dh_python3 so that it knows the
> python version, or even if there's a better workaround. But perhaps pybuild

better workaround is to force cmake to install into versioned
dist-packages (that's what I do in distutils) as I didn't find a
reliable way to read Python version/architecture/tag/etc. from .so file

> should be doing this automatically between the dh_auto_install calls so that
> this kind of workarounds aren't necessary.

it's actually a nice idea - pybuild can check if
/usr/lib/python3.X/dist-packages/ is empty and there are .so files in
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/ and move them temporarily to
/usr/lib/python3.X/dist-packages/ (it knows which interpreter is used at
this point) and let dh_python3 rename them later

> Piotr, is this a bug in pybuild, or am I doing something wrong?

well, cmake is not really easy to work with, they provide
-DPYTHON_LIBRARY:FILEPATH… but they don't use it or use completely
different name… it basically is different for each library I checked
(and in different official documentation versions I read, sic!)