Updating pip

I started looking into updating pip to the current release because I knew it
would take awhile and we need to do it at some point.  Merging our changes
into the new upstream release turned out to be somewhat less challenging that
I had feared (alternately it wasn't and I messed it up).  I've pushed the
results of that effort to salsa.

The next step is to deal with all the packages that pip vendors and we
unvendor.  There are quite a few packages that need updating to a sufficient
version for the new pip:

Needs packaging:
pep517

Needs upgrade:
CacheControl
contextlib2
distro
ipaddress (python2 only)
msgpack
packaging
progress
pyparsing
pytoml
idna
urllib3

I'm not going to be able to deal with all that by myself, so this is a request
for team members to step up and look at updating these packages.  I have not
checked which of these are DPMT maintained, so in some cases the action may be
to work with the maintainer to update their package.

I would suggest that people who decide to work on one of the above reply to
this message so we don't end up with people doing duplicate works.

Thanks,

Scott K

Here's the full list:

appdirs==1.4.3 have 1.4.3
CacheControl==0.12.6 have 11.7.2
colorama==0.4.3 have 0.4.3
contextlib2==0.6.0 have 0.5.5
distlib==0.3.0 have 0.3.0
distro==1.4.0 have 1.3.0
html5lib==1.0.1 have 1.0.1
ipaddress==1.0.23 have 1.0.17  # Only needed on 2.6 and 2.7
msgpack==0.6.2 have 0.5.6
packaging==20.1 have 19.1.2
pep517==0.7.0 Missing (not packaged)
progress==1.5 have 1.2