mercurial-git

Hi all,

Regarding #961245:

> Ideally this should be fixed by renaming the hg-git's module back to what upstream uses. But of course this is going to break all hg-git users' configurations. :-/

I've gone ahead with this change in hg-git 0.9.0-1, with a NEWS.Debian
entry alerting users. Breaking existing configurations is unfortunate,
but:

1) The breakage is a relatively harmless error message, rather than
data loss or something like that;
2) The disparity with upstream causes ongoing confusion for new users
(searching the web turns up a small but continuing stream of bug
reports in all sorts of places);
3) hg-git has unfortunately been broken in unstable recently for long
stretches of time due to incompatible upstream changes, so I'm not
sure how many users of the package are even left.

Restoring the upstream hgext.git extension will take a bit more
planning to avoid problems with upgrades from buster, so I have not
done this (yet).

Finally, it occurs to me that I should have sent this mail _before_
making this change, rather than _after_; sorry about that.