Re: Offer to help with packaging

Control: retitle -1 RFP: python-language-server -- Python implementation of the Language Server Protocol
Control: owner -1 Pablo Mestre <pmdcuba@gmail.com>
Control: subscribe -1

On Sat, Jul 04, 2020 at 09:29:36AM -0300, Emmanuel Arias wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2020 at 12:48 AM Pablo Mestre <pmdcuba@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > El 7/1/20 a las 10:58 PM, Nicholas D Steeves escribió:
> > > Awesome, thank you :-) I expect it will be a popular package too!
> > [.....]
> > > If you're committed to packaging python lsp, then set yourself as the
> > > owner of #96360, and retitle it, replacing "RFP" with "ITP".
> > Yes, I committed to packaging
> > > If the absence of a python-jsonrpc-server package is a blocker for
> > > #963605, and you want to work on it, then file an ITP for
> > > python-jsonrpc-server, set yourself as owner, and also set up a blocks
> > > relationship between the two bugs.
> >
> > You mean
> >
> > Control: block 946035 by -1
> > Control: block #[newcode] by -1
> >
> > Something like this?
> >

> yes go ahead.
>
> I don't see the ITP for python-jsonrpc-server. Do you need some help?

I felt the need to show how to do it.

> > > Tools for doing this more conveniently are "bts" from devscripts, and
> > > "reportbug" for filing the ITP.  IIRC bts requires an MTA (mail
> > > transport agent) and for this I'd recommend msmtp-mta, because most
> > > people find it easier to configure authentication with it than with
> > > Postfix, Exim, etc.
> > >
> > > If you'd like to do it manually for now, see:
> > >   https://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control
> >
> > Ok
> >
> > Thanks for all
> >
> > P.

@Pablo

My intension is to help.
I'm aware you didn't asked for the BTS update I did.

Do know that the Bug Tracking System information on #963605
can be easily updated again.

Regards
Geert Stappers
--