Re: Maintaining all of the testing-cabal packages under the OpenStack team

On 2020-06-28 16:48:02 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> I don't want this to happen again. So I am hereby asking to take
> over the maintenance of these packages which aren't in the
> OpenStack team. They will be updated regularly, each 6 months,
> with the rest of OpenStack, following the upstream
> global-requirement pace. I'm confident it's going to work well for
> me and the OpenStack team, but as well for the rest of Debian.
>
> Is anyone from the team opposing to this? If so, please explain
> the drawbacks if the OpenStack team takes over.

While I don't agree with Thomas's harsh tone in the bits of the
message I snipped (please Thomas, I'm sure everyone's trying their
best, there's no need to attack a fellow contributor personally over
technical issues), I did want to point out that the proposal makes
some sense. The Testing Cabal folk were heavily involved in
OpenStack and influential in shaping its quality assurance efforts;
so OpenStack relies much more heavily on these libraries than other
ecosystems of similar size, and OpenStack community members, present
and past, continue to collaborate upstream on their development.
--
Jeremy Stanley