Issues with packaging intake

Hello,

I have been having some issues with packaging intake[1] for the Debian
Med packaging team, specifically during pytest. There are a lot of tests
failing, so I contacted upstream for a solution.

According to upstream, the "entrypoints in the setup script are not
being registered when using python3 setup.py build", so I decided to do
some experimentation. It seems like the entry_points do actually get
registered and installed, so I experimentally overrode dh_auto_test and
only triggered dh_auto_test after dh_install (which is also overridden).
Unfortunately, this has not made any difference and a good hundred unit
tests fail.

I am new to Python packaging, especially one that features entry points.
If anyone could please kindly look into the package (and possibly even
building it), this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Shayan Doust

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/intake