Future of PyPy (not PyPy3) in Debian

Hello all,
it looks like i started a process that would require the removal of
several PyPy (as in pypy-* depending on the `pypy` package) packages
from the archive.

I'm now wondering: what should we do with the entire pypy ecosystem?
should we treat pypy-* packages like python-* ones and remove then as
part of py2removal? do we need/want to track this effort with the same
usertag? is there a (even if only hypothetical for now) programmed
transition from pypy- to pypy3-?

PS: if i made mistakes, just call me out, and i'll do my best to fix
them or revert them; i have no problem in being told i did something
wrong (let's keep the discussion in this thread on topic, so pypy etc)

Sandro "morph" Tosi
My website: http://sandrotosi.me/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sandrotosi