Re: pybuild and setup.py in unusual place

On Fri, Apr 17, 2020 at 08:10:34AM +0000, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:
> I found this
>
>  --sourcedirectory=src
>
> is it equivalent to -D
>

> subsidiary question is it possible to run a command before  all the dh_auto_xxx without overrideing eveythings ?
>
> I need to run a command whcih generate the setup.py file so I need to do
>
> override_dh_auto_xxxx:
>        do_something
>        dh_auto_xxx

If you can depend on a recent enough version of pybuild (and Debian
unstable, testing, stable, and oldstable should all be okay - I only ran
across this when trying to backport stuff to Ubuntu 16.04, yeah, yeah,
I know, but customers, right?), you can set the PYBUILD_DIR variable in
the environment; take a look at
https://sources.debian.org/src/confget/2.3.4-1/debian/rules/#L33

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  roam@ringlet.net roam@debian.org pp@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13