Re: Fwd: [covid] New Contributor for biohackathon

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 11:56:22 PM EDT Olek Wojnar wrote:
> Dear DPMT members,
>
> You may be aware that the Debian Med team is in the middle of a
> biohackathon [1] to provide better FOSS tools to the medical community for
> their work on the COVID-19 pandemic. We just had a new contributor package
> a Python module that we need for one of our packages. Since time is of the
> essence in these efforts, would you be willing/able to accept this package
> under your team and do a quick review? If you are unable to do a quick
> review, would you agree to have one of the DDs on the Debian Med team
> review the package and upload it with you as the maintainer? Thanks in
> advance for anything that you can do to support our efforts!
>
> -Olek
>
> PS I am subscribed to Debian Med but not to Debian Python
>
> [1]
> https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/community/2020-covid19-hackathon/-/wikis/C
> ovid-19-hackathon

I took care of the request, so they are in the team now and can push the
package to the team repo.  Once that's done they can request sponsorship via
our usual process (either RFS mail to debian-python@l.d.o or put the name of
the package in /topic on #debian-python).  The team is usually pretty
responsive about sponsoring.

I will try to stay away from sponsoring it since if I do that, I won't be able
to process it through New.

Scott K