Re: Python3 modules not built for all supported Python versions

On Monday, April 6, 2020 9:24:35 AM EDT Jochen Sprickerhof wrote:
> Hi Emilio,
>
> * Emilio Pozuelo Monfort <pochu@debian.org> [2020-03-30 17:47]:
> >I've heard pybuild now has a cmake backend, so theoretically you could do
> >something like
> >
> >%:
> >	dh $@ --buildsystem=pybuild --system=cmake
>
> [..]
>
> >I don't know if I'm missing an argument to dh_python3 so that it knows the
> >python version, or even if there's a better workaround. But perhaps pybuild
> >should be doing this automatically between the dh_auto_install calls so
> >that this kind of workarounds aren't necessary.
>
> Thanks for looking into this and providing a patch!
> I polished it a little:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/science-team/ros-geometry2/-/commit/11739091abe5800
> 7485772492fddbdc1a12a59c6
>
> and uploaded a working version to the archive. Will fix all ros-*
> packages now.

You may have noticed that the pybuild cmake plug-in is somewhat under
documented.  While this is fresh in your mind, it might be useful for you to
consider what documentation would have made this easier for you to figure out.

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/dh-python

Scott K