Re: [RFC] python-cobra, python3-sbml5

On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 03:40:56PM +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> > > '_libsbml' file which corresponds to libsbml (with python3-sbml5 as a
> > > provide) package. When I dug into looking at libsbml, I noticed that the
> > > relevant file (libsbml.py) which throws error
> > > is generated with swig-3.0 by the upstream [3]
> >
> > I admit I'm absolutely naive about swig - but if libsbml.py is really
> > autogenerated what about re-generating it with swig-4?
>
> I think there's a miscommunication here. The file in the archive(on doing
> $apt source python3-sbml5) is generated with swig-4 already, while it's
> generated with swig-3 upstream.
> Hence the issue.

Ahhh, so it is regenerated in the Debian package build process but it
conflicts with other parts of the upstream code?  Did I now understood
correctly?

I wonder if we should exclude this kind of autogenerated code inside
the source tarball since we are repackaging the source anyway to exclude
some files for policy reasons.  I'm doing so in other source tarballs
for instance with cython files to be absolutely sure that this code
is regenerated.  This would probably not solve the build issue but might
be a good idea in general.  What do you think?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de