Re: Autoremoval mails for python-passlib

* Sebastian Ramacher: " Re: Autoremoval mails for python-passlib" (Sat, 28 Mar
  2020 10:25:47 +0100):

> On 2020-03-28 10:01:29, Mathias Behrle wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I got this morning a whole bunch of autoremoval mails for the Tryton suite
> > for dependency python-passlib, see below.
> >
> > That could be correct if the server (the only package using passlib) would
> > use that package. But the server package was converted to Python3 more than
> > two years ago:
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/tryton-team/tryton-server/-/commit/c22d768dbe55a3293d7d9dba6116972c5218aa9d
> >
> > and *never ever* used python-passlib, but directly python3-passlib
> > introduced in
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/tryton-team/tryton-server/-/commit/800d66af286fae3c920aa8a264c6f2a1146f614a
> >
> > Can someone tell me what is going on here?
>
> python-passlib and python3-passlib are built from the same source
> package src:python-passlib. If the package is flaged for autoremoval,
> this affects reverse dependencies of both packages, so also the reverse
> dependencies of python3-passlib.

Thanks for the explanation. While the message

buggy deps python-passlib

is quite misleading I see the package was just fixed.

Cheers

--

    Mathias Behrle ✧ Debian Developer
    PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6