Re: About itsdangerous

Hi Julien!

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 05:02:32PM +0100, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Le jeudi 27 février 2020 à 19:14 +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin a écrit :
>
> > https://alioth-archive.debian.org/git/collab-maint/python-itsdangerous.git.tar.xz
> >

> I must be going through a very bad day, but trying to follow
> https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/AliothMigration#By_hand doesn't work ;
> the two git checkout commands (both pristine-tar and upstream) give:
> error: pathspec 'pristine-tar' did not match any file(s) known to git
>
> Are we sure the original git repository had the correct structure
> anyway?

Looking at that repo, it did not have the correct structure, but I think
it makes sense to preserve its history anyway. I would do the following
with branches:

debian/unstable — rename to debian/master
master-dfsg — rename to upstream

Also update branch names in debian/gbp.conf accordingly. And gbp should create
a pristine-tar branch when you update to a newer release.

--
Dmitry Shachnev