Re: pyqt5 and entrypoint

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 08:21:51PM +0000, PICCA Frederic-Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are working on the next pyfai package.
>
> This new version use entry_points like this
> [...]
>
> But once installed, we can not start the gui application.
> [...]
>
> pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound: The 'PyQt5' distribution was not
> found and is required by the application
>
> indeed python3-pyqt5 was installed

Please make sure you have python3-pyqt5 ≥ 5.12+dfsg-1.

If that is the case and you are still getting an error, please check
the output of the following commands in the Python console:

>>> import pkg_resources
>>> pkg_resources.get_distribution('PyQt5')

For me it prints “PyQt5 5.14.1 (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages)”.

--
Dmitry Shachnev