advice on jsonpickle

I had a look at jsonpickle.
Package: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/jsonpickle

The latest release is missing from the repository, it is also FTBFS in sid https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=946304

I forked the repo before i started, in case i broke something.
https://salsa.debian.org/haava-guest/jsonpickle

I imported the current .dsc file to get the repo up to date. Then i updated it to the newest upstream version and disabled the tests that failed (three of them). The package is now building properly. The tests that failed, do already have a issue ticket upstream, from someone else.

Can someone take a quick look at my repo and see if it's ok to push it to the main one?

I did think about a merge request, but do I need several requests to get all branches and tags updated?

Should i let the bug ticket remain open until the tests has been fixed upstream, or is it enough that the package is being built again?

Håvard