Re: Merge Requests

It looks like a lot of this is lintian-brush generated and of questionable value, IMO.  As an example, bumping compat to 12 is trivial to do.

The hard part is checking if it affects the package content, so the bot has produced a proposed change that will take far longer to verify than it would to produce.  If I had time to do the checking, I don't need a merge request for the trivial bit of changing one number.

I'd caution against just accepting such changes without careful review.

Scott K