Re: Discussing next steps for the Python2 removal

Hi,

notes from this meeting (https://gobby.debian.org/export/Teams/Python/Py2Removal):

We want to bump all bugs to RC bugs, if they are:
* leaf package
* with py2 binary
* bug is not marked as py2keep
* all modules and low popcon apps (< 300)

If package will be removed from testing (auto-rm), we are going to remove them from unstable. We are going to run this process semi-automatically (after more packages gets leaf). First version of list should be checked (emailed to this ML). We need to prepare draft of RC-bumper email.

We will send email to d-d-a with current state, our next steps, etc.

We are going to bump Lintian tags severity:
* python-foo-but-no-python3-foo: warning->error
* dependency-on-python-version-marked-for-end-of-life: pedantic->warning
* new-package-should-not-package-python2-module: warning->error
* build-depends-on-python-sphinx-only: warning->error
* depends-on-python2-and-python3: info->warning
* script-uses-unversioned-python-in-shebang: info->warning

We would like to update Python policy and clearly state future of Python 2.

Thanks everybody.

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový