Re: Python2 removal: package with low-popcon reverse dependencies

On 11.10.19 19:47, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 11.10.19 18:27, Christian Kastner wrote:
>> This would nevertheless be a case for the "py2keep", right?
>
> No.
>
> #933348 is another bug for removed packages (mopidy-scrobler). Do you
> really want to keep that?

Not at all, I'd actually prefer just dropping the Python2 version of
python-cachetools. However, this breaks things, and it wasn't entirely
clear to me much breakage is acceptable.

> Is the mopidy popcon really enough to keep it?  Don't look at the
> popcon of any python module. The relevant popocon is the one for the
> application.

OK.

> No, this is not yet done. Pending a dh-python upload.

So assuming I had a Python2 module that needed updating (instead of
outright removing it), I'd await this upload.

Thanks,
Christian