Re: Raising severity to serious for some Python 2 leaf packages with no Python 3 support upstream

>> But in both cases, it's going to take a very long time. Do we really
>> want to get stuck on these packages for like forever, or would it feel
>> ok to raise the severity to serious, so that the package gets
>> auto-removed and then we can work on removing Python 2 from its
>> dependencies?
>
> for me it's perfectly fine to rise severity to serious of all leaf packages with py2remove bug as soon as possible. And let's do it "automatically" everytime any package gets leaf state.

i think it's a bit premature to raise severity to RC (we should also
check with the release team): these bugs have been opened since just 2
months and a half, and the development cycle for bullseye started not
longer before. there's still a lot of time. (and removing a py2
package from a leaf pkg takes 5 minutes, usually, so if everyone in
this thread had done that instead of writing an email, we'd be down 5
bugs already :D )

I think it's also extremely premature (and just a bad idea in general)
to consider breakage of reverse dependencies but just dropping py2
packages. the Release Team is extremely unhappy with this approach for
dealing with the py2removal bugs, so let's not even consider that
option.

Regards,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi