Re: pylint3 reverse dependencies.

Hi Peter,

On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 4:22 PM peter green <plugwash@p10link.net> wrote:

> pylint3 is now a cruft package, however it still has a fair few reverse dependencies, from
> https://ftp-master.debian.org/users/dktrkranz/NBS
>
> Are there plans to deal with this centrally or should bugs be filed against all the reverse dependencies.

Yes this is a known issue and we are currently waiting for an upload
of dh-python to avoid automatic replacement of pylint by pylint3 when
on python3 before pushing those changes further.
There were several discussions already on the subject on the
debian-python list but as long as dh-python is still automatically
replacing pylint by pylint3 there's not much the reverse deps can
really do afaik.

Joseph