Re: 2Removal: handling circular dependencies / dropping tests before the binary?

On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 10:18:16AM +0100, Rebecca N. Palmer wrote:
> Some Python 2 packages have circular (build-)dependencies, making it
> impossible to remove them one at a time without breaking anything.
Unless I'm missing something, this shouldn't be a problem, just go away
and remove them all and upload them in roughly the same time?

> --- Cut the cycle by removing one of the dependencies.
>
> This may mean skipping (some of) the tests, as Python build dependencies are
> often actually test dependencies.  There might be cases where it isn't
> reasonably possible at all.
Unless some of those don't have Python 3 packages in the archive yet, why
removing py2 from one package would break building another, if that
another has py2 parts removed too?
Note that having an unbuildable package in sid for several days, until
it's updated to a no-py2 version, is perfectly acceptable.

--
WBR, wRAR