Re: should Debian add itself to https://python3statement.org ?

On 2019-09-12 22:46, Drew Parsons wrote:
https://python3statement.org/ is a site documenting the projects which
are supporting the policy of dropping Python2 to keep Python3 only.

The site is designed for python packages specifically, to have only
Python3 supported by end of 2020.

But it seems to me it would be in the spirit of the site to add
Debian's pledge to remove Python2 (we are currently in the middle of
doing just that).

Is this a thing that we want to do as a project, to add Debian to
https://python3statement.org/ ?

Thanks all for the discussion.

Looks like we don't have consensus for listing on python3statement.org. As a whole-system distribution, we're running on a different timeframe to the individual python packages.

But in any case, the process of removing python2 packages from Debian is underway. By end of 2020 we might be able to judge whether it will be a Release Target for bullseye.

Drew