Re: Should python-cloudpickle get a py2keep tag?

On Thu, 2019-09-05 at 20:14 +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:

> you are asking about the least preferred option, without telling why
> you can't
> convert to python3, or why you can't remove the affected
> packages.  If you have
> both spyder and spyder3 (Python3?), then why not drop spyder?  I
> didn't look at
> skimage, but maybe look there first if it needs to be Python2.

I was assuming that py2keep was a temporary flag that would be removed
after the leaf packages get fixed.

Since spyder and skimage are under the science team I wasn't sure how
long it would take for them to get around to removing the python2
packages.

Both spyder and skimage packages have python3 versions. spyder does
install into /usr/bin/spider so it's removal will have a bigger impact
on end users than something that's just a python package.

I did upload a new version of cloudpickle last night 1.2.1-1 with
Python2 removed, I'm trying to figure out if I should let the
dependencies just live with the previous python-cloudpickle 0.8.0
package or if I should upload a new version of 1.2.1 with the python2
packaging built.

Diane