Re: Removing python2 packages

On 7/30/19 11:40 PM, Scott Talbert wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2019, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Do you mean, will python-foo be automatically removed from Sid/Testing,
>> after your upload? Normally yes, if nothing depends on it. And that's
>> probably harder to find out than one may think... :)
>
> Yes, that's what I mean.  The reason I ask is because I've done such an
> upload (with python-xyz removed), but this package hasn't disappeared
> from the python2-rm transition tracker.  The specific package involved
> is concordance (python-libconcord was removed).
>
> Scott

cc-ing the FTP master team.

My understanding is that there's issues with arch:all package in the
uncruft script of the FTP masters. It looks like a lot of python-*
packages are staying. I told about it to Luke at Debconf, though I'm not
sure if he had time to look into it.

Dear FTP master team,

As per above, this is an increasingly annoying issue that prevents us
from knowing what thing we should work on. Is the uncruft script really
broken? If yes, were should we look into, if we want to contribute a
fix? A pointer to the correct script in a git Salsa (if there's such a
thing), and advice on how to test would be helpful. Is this directly in
the Dak's sources?

Thomas Goirand (zigo)