Re: dropping python2 [was Re: scientific python stack transitions]

On 7/8/19 12:27 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Are you 100% certain that there isn't some small subset of python2 packages we
> will end up needing for bullseye?

I'm 100% certain that we should as much as possible avoid this, indeed.
I'm also convinced we should do our best to speed-up the Python 2
removal as much as possible, so that we can see what's remaining to be
done. If we don't do it fast, then we may end up in the very bad
situation you're describing.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)