Re: AttributeError: module 'socket' has no attribute 'timeout'

On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 10:04:46 +0300
Artem Golubev <agolubev.n@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,  I’m using python3.5, python3.7 on Debian 9 stretch

Simply rename the script and delete any socket.pyc file in the same
directory.

* Do not name your script using the name of a module that you will be
  importing:

>   File "/root/python/projects/test/socket.py", line 7, in <module>

That should be .../test/socket-test.py or socket-script.py
anything except the name of the module you will be importing from
elsewhere.

> This is my code:

The code itself is fine.

> ———————-
> import socket
>
> host =  'google.com’

The quotation marks here were mangled by your email client but once
that is fixed, the code works fine.

--

Neil Williams