Re: Packaging python-xrayutilities

Hi Marie!

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 10:09:22AM +0000, MARIE Alexandre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm still working on the package python-xrayutilities for debian.
>
> I've come to a point where the package can be built but when generating the doc,
> lintian comes with a bunch of privacy-generic-breach tags like this :
>
> W: python-xrayutilities-doc: privacy-breach-generic [...]
> (https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/mathjax/2.7.5/latest.js?config=tex-ams-mml_htmlormml)
>
> I have tried to add in debian/rules this :
> override_dh_installdocs:
>         ln -s /usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js $(CURDIR)/doc/build/html/_static/MathJax.js
>         find doc/build/html -name "*.html" -exec sed -i "s|https://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js|_static/MathJax.js|" {} \;
>         dh_installdocs -ppython-xrayutilities-doc doc/build/html
>
> But it does not seem to work.

Don’t do anything in debian/rules. Instead, patch your conf.py to
have a line like this:

  mathjax_path = 'file:///usr/share/javascript/mathjax/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML'

This way the files produced by Sphinx will have the right path, and there
won’t be any need for making symlinks.

--
Dmitry Shachnev
(maintainer of both sphinx and mathjax packages)