Re: python-scipy: autopkgtest fails (Re: bug#919929)

On 2019-03-07 20:46, Paul Gevers wrote:
Hi Drew,

On 07-03-2019 13:19, Drew Parsons wrote:

python-scipy is currently failing all debci tests in both unstable and
testing.

autopkgtest only, so no FTBFS?

That's right, scipy builds fine.

Some of us want failing autopkgtest to be RC *after* the release of
buster. I am not aware of consensus about that yet. autopkgtest
*regression* in testing is effectively RC since the soft freeze of
12-2-2019. The autopkgtest of python-scipy is already failing in
testing, so it isn't a regression. Hence, it failing is not RC for buster.

Thanks, that clarifies the appropriate severity.

Certainly please do unblock if the full freeze is already in place. But
my intention was to first upload python-scipy 1.1 with a small patch,
not 1.2 just yet.

If you upload now, your package will not migrate to testing before the
full freeze becomes effective so it would need an unblock. If you want
to fix this issue with the three lines I saw in the bug report, you can
go ahead. However, it is probably worth waiting for a resolution of bug
915738 and combine it with that.

There hasn't been recent movement on 915738. I'll apply Julian's patch and see how we go.

Drew