Packaging google-cloud-python

Hi,

I'd like to package several client modules from the google-cloud-python repo[0]. The problem ist, each client module includes google/__init__.py and google/cloud/__init__.py, so installing two ore more of these modules would cause conflicts. My idea to tackle this was to introduce some sort of base package that just includes those two files and have all the individual client packages depend on this one. This brings me to the next problem: Upstream does not provide such a base package. Would it be acceptable to make a debian-only base package with no upstream, pulling those to files from one of the upstream packages?
Or are there any other options?

[0] https://github.com/googleapis/google-cloud-python

Regards,
Michael