Re: Dropping Python 2 support for web.py before buster

Quoting Mattia Rizzolo <mattia@debian.org>:
On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 12:18:09PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
I'm going to package the latest git master of web.py¹, because of
Python 3.7 compatibility. It has a new dependency on cheroot², which
has only a Python 3 version in Debian. I could ask Julien to provide a
Python 2 package of cheroot for buster, but I prefer to drop Python 2
support of web.py instead. Any opinions?

I would say "go for the drop!!!" if not for the presence of a reverse
dependency of the python2 package (rebuildd).  So IMHO the best would
be:
 * port rebuildd to py3
 * drop the py2 package

Julien & Julien, how realistic is moving rebuildd³ to Python 3 for
buster? Or better upload cheroot with Python 2 support for now?
The update of web.py is, unfortunately, necessary for Python 3.7.

Cheers

¹https://tracker.debian.org/webpy
²https://tracker.debian.org/python-cheroot
³https://tracker.debian.org/rebuildd