Re: Team uploaded python-lzma - any hint how to deal with xz compressed files when using Python3

On Tue 23 Oct, 20:05 +0200, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
I assumed that the Python3 package would just have been missing in the
Debian packaging and thus touched python-lzma.  I learned that there are
several syntax errors when trying to build with Python3 so this seems to
be upstream orphaned code.  Since I can not really imagine that it
should be hard to deal natively with XZ compressed files when using
Python3:  Am I missing something and there is a competing module?

https://docs.python.org/3/library/lzma.html