Re: Advices on how to use salsa

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 17:21:13 -0400
Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj@debian.org> wrote:

> On Friday, October 19 2018, Jerome Kieffer wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 15:48:13 -0400
> > Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Is it?  I always thought it was OK to host Free Software projects there.
> >
> > No matter, I have github, gitlab for my code ... I intend to use salsa
> > for packaging purposes.

First and formost, I would like to thank Andrey Rahmatullin for
answering my question, which was probably wrongly worded (explining why
I did not find the resources I was looking for).

> If I may: please consider not using github.  It uses proprietary
> software for its backend infrastructure, and serves proprietary
> JavaScript to its users, as well as promote centralization of a
> distributed protocol.

About 10 years ago, I heard "gitub made git useable for human being".
At that time mercurial, bazar and git were equally used and it was a
mess to chose one of them and then select a workflow to work with.
The work github did (their tutorials !) deserve recognition to simplify
all this.

Please remind gitlab (which salsa is just an implementation) was
originally just a re-implementation github hosted initially on github !

Maybe this company is private and has been acquired by
another you don't like.

Cheer,
Jérôme