Joining DMPT and PAPT

Hi,

Thanks for all your work on packaging Python-related things!

I find myself doing more and more Python work on my own, so I thought
I might also contribute to the Debian packaging.  The first benefit
would be to bring my gitless package under the PAPT umbrella, but
I also have a couple of Python modules (some of which I've written
myself) as candidates for DPMT packaging.

My salsa login is roam.

I have read the Python policy and I agree with it, even though I do
share the concerns expressed by David Bremner recently, namely
the fact that the policy still mentions Alioth and still refers to
git-dpm, even though many packages have already been migrated away
from it and to the streamlined layout supported by gbp.  I see that
the Alioth/Salsa thing is in the process of being addressed by
https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/merge_requests/1
It just might be possible, time permitting, that I'll try to sit down
and change the git-dpm language to gbp in the near future.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev  roam@{ringlet.net,debian.org,FreeBSD.org} pp@storpool.com
Key fingerprint 2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13