Re: Safest way to set python3 as default for `python`

On 16 July 2018 at 08:44, Bastian Venthur <venthur@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry if this question has been asked before. What is the currently
> recommended way to make `python` point to `python3`? I'd like to have it set
> on a system default level if possible.

To answer your question.

Create a brand new virtualenv, enter said virtualenv, make python
point at whatever you want. Use said virtualenv for one thing / one
service / strongly coupled things only.
Create as many virtualenvs as needed.

Above is safe to do, and should not conflict with system python /
system packages / OS.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.