Re: Addition in lintian to warn about debian/pyversions file

Hi,

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 3:14 AM, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
> As Ondrej wrote, there's only a few packages having this. How about we
> just do a few NMUs as a team to fix that completely in the archive?

I was actually thinking about integrating that removal to Ondřej's
next mass-update (along with debian/pycompat) and if the packages are
not released in the next 2 months or so, I was planning to do some
team uploads on them (I saw some that have not been touched in a while
and that would benefit from a big cleanup).

On Mon, May 14, 2018 at 3:24 AM, Ondrej Novy <novy@ondrej.org> wrote:
> I didn't write count and I don't have list :)

The lintian tag would help getting the number easily! ;)

One of my thoughts about introducing it on info level is that we
should probably update https://wiki.debian.org/Python/Policy (I'll
start a separate thread on that) before having it on error level as
the page still shows examples with old/deprecated build systems.

Another reason to put that in lintian is that we still have all the
openstack python package to migrate to DPMT and those have a bunch of
pycompat and pyversions file that a lintian note about it would help
not forgetting that when we migrate those (I'll try to do some when I
got more spare time).

Thanks,
Joseph