Re: Mass-commit fix of lintian ancient-python-version-field

Hi,

On Fri, May 11, 2018, 1:10 AM Ondrej Novy <novy@ondrej.org> wrote:
no problem, so just remove that file?

Are we sure it's completely safe to remove it globally?

This file has been deprecated for about 10 years if I'm correct. It was used in old versions of dh_python and dh_pysupport.
I will double-check the code of dh_python when I'm back at a computer but it was already asked to remove it when we migrated to dh_python2 in 2015, see: https://wiki.debian.org/Python/TransitionToDHPython2