Re: django-celery

Hi Brian,

On 27/04/2018 08.22, Brian May wrote:
Beginning to think we should seriously think about dropping this
package. It is badly neglected by upstream, and there are now better
alternatives. Such as django-celery-results (not sure if this is in
Debian).

I'm completely with you on this. As the one who initially packaged django-celery it's time to drop it. Both its successors, django-celery-results and django-celery-beat are packaged for Python3 (Python2 support can always be added if someone wants to step in) in Debian.

The only thing left to do is to find a way to do the transition to those new packages. I'm thinking about mentioning this in NEWS.Debian for django-celery as any automatic transition does not seem feasible.

Regards,
Michael