Re: Backport of Python 3.6 for Debian Stretch?

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 7:43 AM, Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
Nguyễn Hồng Quân <ng.hong.quan@gmail.com> writes:

If using pip to install packages is fine (which can result in compiling
from source although increasing use of wheels helps), then I personally
fail to see the problem with using something like pyenv.

​I use pip to install from pre-built wheel. I don't let pip to compile the source on my embedded computer, because it also takes much time.​
​So in summary, I tried to avoid doing compilation job directly on my embedded computer, either Python interpreter or Python C libraries.​

(Where I get wheel? I rent a bare-metal ARM server from Scaleway to build the wheel there).

--
Quân