Several questions regarding package tifffile

Hi,

I realised that upstream of tifffile[1] switched to Python3.  When
inspecting the package I somehow think that its main purpose is rather a
user application than a Python module and thus I would rather rename the
binary from python-tifffile to tifffile than python3-tifffile.  What do
you think?

As per [2] I added dh-python to the Build-Depends but it seems I would
need python-minimal in addition to get /usr/bin/pyversions.  For me it
is a bit strange to realise that this basic functionality is not provided
by dh-python "Depends: python-minimal".  Am I missing something?

It also seems that a Build-Depends: python3-distutils and if I add it it
tries to do "python setup.py clean -a" which is stupid since there is no
setup.py (and also no python but only python3).  I wonder whether I'm
missing something here as well in this very simple package which does
not seem to work well with dh-python.

BTW, I'd be *really* happy if somebody from Python team would take over
this package into Python packaging team.  I just adopted it from a
former Debian Med team member but it is not Debian Med specific at all
and I have no real interest in this package.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

PS: Please CC me, I'm not subscribed to this list.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/med-team/tifffile
[2] https://people.debian.org/~piotr/dh_python2_without_dh-python.ddlist

--
http://fam-tille.de