Re: Move to salsa? Merge modules and apps team?

Hi Andreas,

[Andreas Tille, 2018-02-12]
> On Wed, Feb 07, 2018 at 10:29:37AM +0100, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> > > And how about merging the modules and apps teams into one?
> > If not separated at team level, I definitely want to have them somehow
> > separated at repository level so that it's clear which package is which
> > type or to easily checkout libraries only.
>
> If you ask me at least cython should go to Python Modules team.  Its
> not really just a random Python application and strongly connected
> to several Python modules.

Cython is a library. I don't care what the description says, if there
are other libraries or applications that import it (and thus it has to
go into dist-packages/) - it's a library from my POV (as we HAVE TO
treat it as a library in the toolchain, transitions, ...)

> I see other applications in python-apps that are for no reason there.
> We have no team C-apps or Perl-apps or ... LanguageX-apps.  These are

"others do it differently" never was and hopefully never will be a valid
argument for me. "Others achieve this and that thanks to doing it this
way" might.

> just random applications and could go to collab-maint (where the
> Git maintained packages of Python-apps team reside anyway).

please point me to them so that I can NMU them removing team from
debian/control
--
GPG: 1D2F A898 58DA AF62 1786 2DF7 AEF6 F1A2 A745 7645