want to join DPMT

Hi,

I want to join the DPMT to salvage and maintain the pyotherside
package. See #912720 and the RFS #912739
I'm just a DM not a full DD and I haven't yet found a sponsor.
The package git repo is already moved to salsa under the DPMT umbrella.
I just created a salsa accont: fzielcke-guest

Also I have read and accept your policy [1]
I have no experience with debian packages in a git repository. And I
wonder why your policy stats that git-dpm is favoured. In the
pyotherside salsa git there's a commit by Ondřej Nový that it has been
converted to gpb  layout [2]
So I'm a bit confused.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/tools/python-modules/blob/master/policy.rst
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/pyotherside/commit/2850f8dbfbeeacb368cc471e71555e29412be2b0