Re: python-drizzle is in two repositories on Salsa

Hi Andreas and Pythonies,

Andreas pointed me to the case that we have two repositories
"python-drizzle" which is confusing:

https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/modules/python-drizzle/
https://salsa.debian.org/debian-astro-team/python-drizzle

The reason for this is that in 2016, I took the "free" name
python-drizzle for one of the Debian Astro packages, not realizing that
this name was taken for a Python module, which was removed in wheezy.

The repository for the old Python module however keeps existing, was
migrated to Salsa, and now gets all the nice maintenance updates from
Chris and Ondrej.

I would recommend to rename and/or archive this repository. There is no
need to keep it up-to-date anymore. I however don't have the permission
to archive it. Could I ask one of the owners to do so?

Best regards

Ole