[Debian PAPT] Question about salsa repo and packaging

Hi,

I'm maintaining the package rubber in the PAPT. I have a few question:

1. I'd like to revert some changes to the salsa repo for my package, as
these changes were never uploaded to Debian and are not superseded by
new upstream package. Is it OK to do a "git reset --hard xxxx" to make
them disappear in my repository?

2. My repo contains a stale branch called "svn". It was created during
the git -> salsa migration. AFAICT this branch contains obsolete
versions of some files. May I kill that branch?

3. Recently I imported a new upstream version. According to [1] I should
rebase my patches. Unfortunately this fails:

<snip>
hille@sid:~/devel/rubber/rubber.git $ gbp pq rebase
gbp:info: Switching to 'patch-queue/debian/master'
First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
Applying: more accurate log messages when deciding whether to rebuild
some file
Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
M	src/depend.py
Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
Auto-merging src/depend.py
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/depend.py
error: Failed to merge in the changes.
Patch failed at 0001 more accurate log messages when deciding whether to
rebuild some file
hint: Use 'git am --show-current-patch' to see the failed patch

Resolve all conflicts manually, mark them as resolved with
"git add/rm <conflicted_files>", then run "git rebase --continue".
You can instead skip this commit: run "git rebase --skip".
To abort and get back to the state before "git rebase", run "git rebase
--abort".

gbp:error: Couldn't run git rebase: it exited with 128
<snip>

Could anybody give me a hint, what it wrong here?

Many thanks!

Hilmar

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging#New_upstream_release
--