Re: Ask for files created for gpb buildpackages

On 08/30/2018 04:18 AM, eamanu15 wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> Sorry if this question is solve on other mail.
>
> When I build the package using gbp:
>
> /gbp buildpackage --git-upstream-tag="v%(version)s" --git-ignore-new/
>
> This create some other files/folder like this:
> build/
> debian/.debhelper/
> debian/debhelper-build-stamp
> debian/files
> debian/python-*
> debian/python3-*
> *.egg-info/

For the build folder, you should "rm -rf" it in the clean target of your
rules file. For the *.egg-info folder, best is to add:

extend-diff-ignore = "^[^/]*[.]egg-info/"

in your debian/source/options file. The rest of the files are normally
cleaned automatically by dh_clean.

> I can create a .gitignore file for them?

Don't.

> or I have to push this files/folder to salsa?

Don't. Please write a correct clean target in your rules file instead.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)