sphinx-build vs. Python 3

Hi,

I have question about sphinx-build and our effort to move to Python 3.

sphinx-build is currently Python 2 or Python 3 according to python-sphinx / python3-sphinx package installed (with python3 as default if both are installed by alternative priority).

According to: https://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide#Sphinx_documentation we should use "python3 -m sphinx" if we want to build docs using Python 3, because if you run sphinx-build, you can't be sure which version of Sphinx is run and if you need some Sphinx extension, which we typically installs only Python 2 or Python 3 version of it.

And my question is:
* should we use "python3 -m sphinx" instead of "sphinx-build" everywhere where python3-sphinx is in B-D (mass-commit?)
OR
* should we change sphinx-build to be Python3 only? (and broke current packages build with Python2 Sphinx)

Thanks for your opinions.

--
Best regards
 Ondřej Nový

Email: novy@ondrej.org
PGP: 3D98 3C52 EB85 980C 46A5  6090 3573 1255 9D1E 064B