Re: git-dpm required?

On Monday, July 30 2018, Sean Whitton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon 30 Jul 2018 at 09:54PM -0400, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>
>> This is my understanding as well: git-dpm is not mandatory anymore, and
>> gbp is the preferred tool.  I've been packaging all of my Python modules
>> using gbp for a while.
>
> Do I have to use the full suite of gbp tools (e.g. gbp-pq) or is it
> enough that `gbp buildpackage` will work?

You don't have to use the full suite if you don't like.  The important
thing is to have the repository in the correct format
(debian/upstream/pristine-tar branches [or something else, as long as
properly documented in d/gbp.conf], tags, etc.), so that other people
can use gbp without problems.

Not even gbp buildpackage is mandatory; you can use your own build
workflow if you want.

--
Sergio
GPG key ID: 237A 54B1 0287 28BF 00EF  31F4 D0EB 7628 65FC 5E36