Re: Questions about salsa and Git

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 at 10:41:41 +0000, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On April 10, 2018 7:24:18 AM UTC, "Guðjón Guðjónsson" <gudjon.i.gudjonsson@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Following the advice on
> >https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging
>
> Use this instead:
> https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackagingPQ

Is this now official policy for new/updated/converted Python modules
maintained by DPMT?

Is it official policy for new/updated/converted Python applications
maintained by PAPT?

At the moment each of those pages says that the Python teams have chosen
the relevant packaging system and that the other packaging system is
forbidden, which is confusing at best.

If there is consensus that gbp pq + DEP 14 is recommended for Python
packages and the older git-dpm setup is deprecated, then anyone with a
wiki account can fix those pages, but I for one don't want to make those
edits until someone who can speak for the team specifically says it.

(I'd like to convert tap.py to gbp pq as soon as it isn't considered to
be hostile to do so.)

Thanks,
    smcv