Extra debian.blends Python package

Hi,

I am currently rewriting part of the blends-dev package which is used
for maintaining Debian Pure Blends into Python. This however comes out
some abstractions of Blends (namely the tasks infrastructure) that may
be re-usable on other places, f.e. in the blends.d.o web service. So it
is probably a good idea to create a separate Python package from it.

Since this package deals with tasks sources, it sounds natural to put
this as a sub-package of the "debian" package. I would however not like
to integrate the sources to python-debian. First, it is very new and
likely to change API quickly in the next time. But also, the blends
subpackage is quite special; there is no need to have it installed in
such a broad manner as python-debian.

And finally, I do not care about Python 2 compatibility here.

What I could do easily is to create a python3-debian-blends binary
package (maintained in the "blends" source package) for this subpackage,
just installs a "blends.py" into ../dist-packages/debian/

Since this is however somehow hijacking (part of) the namespace of
python-debian, I'd like to know the policy here.

Are there any problems with that approach?

Best regards

Ole