pybuild python3 postinst

I have a python package that produces both python2 and python3 modules; e.g. using debian/rules:

export PYBUILD_NAME=hello

%:
    dh $@  --with python2,python3 --buildsystem=pybuild

----
My test debian/postinst is:

case "$1" in
    configure)
        echo "have a nice day"
    ;;

    abort-upgrade|abort-remove|abort-deconfigure)
    ;;

    *)
        echo "postinst called with unknown argument \`$1'" >&2
        exit 1
    ;;
esac

# dh_installdeb will replace this with shell code automatically
# generated by other debhelper scripts.

#DEBHELPER#

---

 The resulting python-hello.postinst is as I'd expect, with DEBHELPER replaced, but the python3-hello.postinst is just the generated boilerplate. How can I get the python3-hello.postinst to work the same as the python-hello version?

--
Gerard Weatherby| Application Architect
NMRbox | Department of Molecular Biology and Biophysics | UConn Health