Re: GitLab CI on salsa.debian.org

Diane Trout:
> Can you trigger test on dependencies changing?

You can cron test runs, that would then check the deps.

> Does CI run on architectures other than amd64?

That depends on the gitlab-ci-runners that are registered.  Anyone can
register CI-runners for their own projects, and CI runners can be any
Debian box or VM.  It works easiest with Docker setups.  CI runners can
be tagged, the jobs can be marked for the required tags.  So the CI
runners could be tagged based on arch.

I hope that salsa.debian.org will also have some shared CI runners for
other arches.

> (I was thinking of complex packages with many dependencies like dask,
> or with fiddly bit manipulation like pandas)
>
> So this would get tests on each commit instead of the current
> autopkgtests which run on each build?

It runs on each new push to git, so if you push commits one at a time,
it'll run per commit.

.hc